The holidays are here and a fun - different activity - for our land of palm trees and beach is to go to an ice-skating place near us. There's plenty of pop-up holiday rink nears us this 2017- 2018 season. Here we go:
DEC. 21 - JAN. 7: Winter Fest OC 2017 - Snow, Tubing, Ice Rink. Don't miss this overwhelming winter paradise with ice skating, tubing, snow flurries, fireworks, Santa, crafts, carolers, a stroll-through lights display and more at the Orange County Fairgrounds. Capital "P" perfect for date nights or family outings!
Through JAN. 7: Ice Skating Under The Stars Outdoor Rink: Spectrum Center. Spectacular O.C. setting with fun "Themed Thursdays." Want to skate in your jammies? Not a problem! Check the calendar of…
Are you looking for a place to donate or volunteer? Are you in need of a place to get a special dinner, or do you know someone in need? Here's a great list to share in your community:
Places offering Thanksgiving Meal
• 19th Annual Free Thanksgiving Day Dinner: 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Thursday, sponsored by We Give Thanks Inc. the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim and Path of Hope Foundation, Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim's Katella Avenue/Douglass Road parking lot, 2695 E. Katella Ave. Free parking. Shuttles, provided by Child Shuttle, will take diners from La Casa Garcia Restaurant, 531 W. Chapman Ave., Anaheim, and St. Boniface Catholic Church, 120 N. Janss St., Anaheim, to Arrowhead Pond. Needed: Turkeys, money, paper goods, plastic tableware, aluminum foil, trays,
- What: Santa’s Village by the Sea
- When: Saturday December 2nd 2017!
- Time: 5:00 p.m to 8:00 p.m.
- Where: San Clemente Community Center
This magical holiday celebration will be a joy-filled event for the entire community! The festivities will begin with the annual Tree Lighting Ceremony at 5:00 p.m. led by Mayor Kathy Ward on the Community Center lawn which is located on the corner of Avenida Del Mar and N. Calle Seville. Holiday bliss and merriment expands to Santa’s Village at the Community Center, Del Mar Glitz and Christmas at the Casa--all starting at 5:00 p.m. The Christmas at the Casa holiday open house features a festively decorated Casa Romantica, live music, choral groups, Santa visits, a talking tree, children’s crafts, holiday…
The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel Presents a fun surf competition where men, women and children dress like Santa or other holiday inspired characters and surf Salt Creek to benefit Surfers Healing.
- When: November 18,19 2017
- Where: Salt Creek Beach
- Registration Opens Both Days at 7:30 a.m.
- Surfing Begins at 8 a.m.
- How much: $60 per entry (includes goody bag)
- Surfing Rudolph : Short Board – guys 18 and older
- Santa’s Elves : Short Board – guys 17 and under
- Yule Loggers: Longboard – guys and girls of all ages
- Candy Canes: SUP Surf – girls of all ages
- Kris Kringles: SUP Surf – guys 18 and over
- Mistletoes : SUP Surf – guys 17 and under
- Tobogganers: SUP Race – guys 18 and
From the OC Register on October 24, 2017 by Jeff Collins.
A late-summer surge in home buying pushed Orange County housing prices to record highs, shattering the $700,000 price barrier.
The median price of a home — or the price at the midpoint of all transactions — hit $710,000 last month, up 10.9 percent year over year, housing tracker CoreLogic reported Tuesday.
That’s up $25,000 from August’s median of $685,000, the sixth-biggest one-month price gain in records dating back to 1988.
Last month’s median almost elevates Orange County home values to Bay Area levels, where the nine-county median was $742,000 in August.
Home prices also rose in September throughout Southern California, pushing the regionwide median to its bubble-era high…
Early heads up on this one: All national parks and monuments will be free to visit on Veterans Day weekend, Saturday, Nov. 11 and Sunday, Nov. 12, so head on out and see some nature!
Suggestions for nearby National Parks:
1. Joshua Tree
2. Channel Islands
3. Death Valley
Here's also a link for all of our National Parks, National Monuments, Historic Sites and Recreation Areas in California
Yep, that time of the year. And if you live anywhere from San Clemente, Dana Point, Laguna Niguel and close areas - or what we call the 'South Orange County' and, are looking for a close-by, not having to drive an hour long for a really nice, or pretty decent pumpkin patch so you can score a couple of cute pictures, here's the ones that we like for 2017. All of them have unique offerings, so it depends on your time availability and how big this 'Pumpkin Patch' really needs to be :)
1. Tanaka Farms: well, this one is on spot one, (although not as close as others) because of the likability factor. Nothing beats being in a real farm, going on a wagon, a giant maze, looking at scarecrows etc. Plan ahead on the weekends as it gets busy, but it's worth it.…
What? Taste of San Clemente
When: Friday, November 3, 2017 6:00PM - 10:00PM
Where: Casino San Clemente
The Taste will be held at the historic & beautiful Casino San Clemente on Friday, November 3, 2017, which will mark the 27th Annual Taste of San Clemente. For $95 per person, guests will enjoy a wine tasting from area vineyards as well as a sampling of Microbrews. Guests will receive an engraved, limited edition "Taste of San Clemente" wine glass or beer mug. In addition, the event will include a fabulous Silent Auction with over forty wonderful baskets and gifts.
The Taste will include dancing to the fabulous band. The ticket price includes a complimentary Taste of San Clemente wine glass or beer mug, food, wine, entertainment and valet parking.…