Are you looking for a place to donate or volunteer? Are you in need of a place to get a special dinner, or do you know someone in need? Here's a great list to share in your community:
Places offering Thanksgiving Meal
• 19th Annual Free Thanksgiving Day Dinner: 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Thursday, sponsored by We Give Thanks Inc. the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim and Path of Hope Foundation, Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim's Katella Avenue/Douglass Road parking lot, 2695 E. Katella Ave. Free parking. Shuttles, provided by Child Shuttle, will take diners from La Casa Garcia Restaurant, 531 W. Chapman Ave., Anaheim, and St. Boniface Catholic Church, 120 N. Janss St., Anaheim, to Arrowhead Pond. Needed: Turkeys, money, paper goods, plastic tableware, aluminum foil, trays, latex gloves, bottled water and soft drinks. Donation information: (714) 663-1300; transportation information: (714) 999-2881.
• Food bags: Pick up groceries from 8 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. today, Monday and Tuesday, Share Our Selves, 1550 Superior Ave. For residents of Orange County; photo ID required. (949) 642-3451.
• Thanksgiving dinner: Noon-3 p.m. Thursday, Someone Cares Soup Kitchen, 702 W. 19th St. All welcome. Needed: money, pumpkin pie, dinner rolls. (949) 548-8861.
• Thanksgiving Meals:6-8 p.m. Monday, noon-3 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday and 11:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Thursday, Caring Hands Food Pantry, First Lutheran Church, 215 N. Lemon St. The easy-to-prepare meals are offered on a first-come, first-served basis. (714) 871-7820.
• Donations: Orange County Food Bank, 12640 Knott St., Garden Grove. Needed: non-perishable items. (714) 897-6670, ext. 3604.
• Bluebird Thanksgiving Pot-luck dinner: Noon Thursday, Bluebird Park, Cress Street and Bluebird Canyon Drive, Laguna Beach, sponsored by the Cross cultural Council and the Resource Center. Bring a dish to share, or welcomed without. Needed: volunteers to set up. Arrive by 11 a.m. If planning to bring a turkey, call (949) 497-2239 or (949) 497-3936.
• Thanksgiving party: 11:45 a.m. Wednesday, Florence Sylvester Memorial Senior Center, 23721 Moulton Pkwy. For seniors over 60. Donation: $3; reservations required by Nov. 21. (949) 380-0155.
• Thanksgiving lunch: Wednesday, South County Senior Services provide lunch for seniors 60 or older at various senior nutrition sites. Volunteers needed to deliver Thanksgiving meals to home-bound seniors. Needed: money, gifts for door prizes. (949) 855-8033.
LAKE FOREST Families Forward • 8 Thomas, Irvine, CA 92618 • Ph (949) 552-2727 • families-forward.org
• Saddleback Church will have a Thanksgiving dinner on Thanksgiving day. Traditional menu. 1 Saddleback Parkway, Lake Forest CA in Tent 3
• Thanksgiving dinner: Call American Family Housing at 714-897-3221.
• Food basket: 7 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesday, City of Orange Resource Center, 210 N. McPherson. Donation of Thanksgiving dinner basket/box for 4-6 people. (714) 744-7271.
• Holiday Meal: 1 p.m. Thursday and 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Friday, Mary's Kitchen, 517 Struck Ave., for those in need of food. Meals served all year long. Needed: volunteers. (714) 633-0444.
• Volunteers: Second Harvest Food Bank of Orange County, 426-A W. Almond Ave. Volunteer opportunities. Donations accepted. (714) 771-1343.
• Thanksgiving dinner: 3 p.m. Thursday, American Legion Auxiliary Unit 277, 230 S. Bradford Ave., Placentia. The legion invites Camp Pendleton troops and anyone without family in the area for a home-cooked meal. Transportation available. Needed: Food donations, volunteers and money. (714) 834-7556.
• Thanksgiving dinner: 6 p.m. Thursday, Placentia Presbyterian Church, 849 N. Bradford Ave., for the needy in north Orange County. Needed: non-perishable food items, frozen turkeys, volunteers to help serve and clean up. (714) 528-1438.
• Thanksgiving Eve dinner: 6 p.m. Wednesday, sponsored by Family Assistance Ministries, San Clemente Community Center, 100 N. Calle Seville. Needed: Cooked food, volunteers and money. (949) 492-8477.
• Turkey give-away: 8 a.m.-noon Tuesday, Catholic Charities, 3631 W. Warner Ave. Must sign up in advance. Needed: non-perishable items preferred. (714) 668-1130.
• Volunteers: Sponsored by Olive Crest Homes and Services for Abused Children, volunteers are needed through Wednesday to deliver meals, help organize parties and fundraising. Needed: non-perishable items for food baskets. (714) 543-5437, ext. 1144.
• Thanksgiving dinner: 10 a.m. Thursday, Rescue Mission, Orange County, 1901 W. Walnut. Needed: volunteers to donate food, cooked and carved turkeys by 8 a.m. Thanksgiving Day. (714) 258-4450.
• Giving from the Heart: 1111 N. Main St. Donations accepted. (714) 834-7440.
• Volunteers: HCA/Volunteer Services, 405 W. 5th St., Suite 300. Building HCA 38-C. Needed: Volunteers, donations. (714) 834-4144.
• Thanksgiving meal: 1-6 p.m. Thursday, Harry's Café, 8461 Katella Ave. All welcome. (714) 828-6967.
TUSTIN Families Forward • 8 Thomas, Irvine, CA 92618 • Ph (949) 552-2727 • families-forward.org
• Thanksgiving dinner: 5-6:30 p.m. Wednesday, The Main Place Christian Fellowship, 13841 Red Hill Ave. All welcome: Needed: volunteers to donate prepare food boxes. (714) 505-1734.