New Year’s Eve in Orange County
We can't believe we are even writing about this. We are very excited for the New 2012 year coming, and knowing that there's plenty of activities for us lucky ones here in Orange County, we decided to get out some ideas if you are looking for something more family friendly for New Years Eve.
Here's some ideas that we just extracted from our friends at www.just-spotted.com :
* Discovery Science Center’s Noon Year’s Eve Celebration: 9am – 5pm. Ring in the New Year just a bit early this year… “Why wait till midnight? Grab the kids and get ready to celebrate the new year with us at NOON on December 31! Noon Year’s Eve is a fun-filled day of celebration with activities for all ages. Countdown & toast to 2012 at 12pm & 2pm. Make your own paper popper to take home. Create a tambourine while learning about sound, & more…” Free with paid admission & open to all ages.
* Disneyland’s New Year’s, 8am – 2am (Disneyland), and 10am – 1am (California Adventure). The “Holidays” are still happening at Disneyland & that includes New Years… it’s basically a HUGE family party. Tons of bands, party favors, a special New Year’s fireworks show, & did I mention that California Adventure is open until 1am & Disneyland is open until 2am?
* Great Park Family New Year’s Eve, 5 – 9:30pm. Featuring live music, dancing, great food, carousel rides, games and activities for the kids – all in a safe, alcohol free environment. See military vehicles and vintage cars, while the kids can create artistic crafts, enjoy carousel rides and everyone can dine on delicious food available from a variety of gourmet food vendors. Admission is FREE, parking is $10.
* La Habra Children’s Museum New Year’s “Noon” Party, 10am – 5pm. Celebrate the new year at Noon with crafts, a ginger ale toast, balloon drop & dancing ’till noon. Please call (562)905-9793 for reservations (required). Free with paid admission.
* Knott’s Berry Farm’s New Year’s Eve Celebration, 10am – 1am. When the clock strikes twelve, the skies above Calico Square will be ablaze with color as Knott’s rings in the New Year with a Midnight Mayhem Pyrotechnic Show! This New Year’s Eve, Knott’s will have something for the entire family. Party with The Clueless Remix Feat. DJ Reeso at Calico Square, have some laughs with family friendly comedian- Dick Hardwick, boogie with Beatles tribute band Abbey Road, and dance the night away with salsa dancing and instructions in Fiesta Village. All this plus Knott’s rides, attractions and a Midnight Mayhem Pyrotechnic Show in Calico Square are included with regular daytime admission.
* Medieval Times’ New Year’s Eve Extravaganza, 5pm, 7:15pm, 9:30pm. Celebrate New Year’s Eve Medieval style. Complete with a Medieval feast, 2-hour live tournament, party favors, DJ and dancing, midnight countdown, balloon drop, toast & a continental breakfast.
* OC Fair New Year’s Eve Block Party: 7:30pm – 1:30am. The New Year’s Eve Block Party is offering great fun in a casual setting. Live tribute bands & DJ entertainment by the decade (from the ’60s – ’90s), Dancing, Casino, Carnival Rides & Party Zones. But the best part? There will be tons of gourmet food trucks. Trust us, there will be a truck to satisfy every stomach!
* Pretend City’s Ring in the Noon Year, 10am – 12pm. Spend this New Year’s Eve ringing in the New Year Pretend City style! Today will be the day for family and friends to gather at Pretend City to celebrate the New Year. Festivities of the day will include: rockin’ dance party, story time & more. Then, at Noon, ring in the New Year with a countdown & celebration. FREE with museum admission.
* Rancho Santa Margarita’s Celebrating Family & Friends Event: starting at 5pm, at the Civic Plaza. It is an alcohol-free community festival featuring entertainment, food booths & fun for the whole family. For more information call 949-216-9700.
* Rainforest Cafe’s New Years Eve Party: 6-9pm, at the Rainforest Cafe located inside South Coast Plaza. For $7.99, kids 10 & under will enjoy a fabulous buffet, featuring nearly everything on their kid’s menu (chicken nuggets, burgers, even ice cream sundaes), while parents can enjoy anything off the menu. Everyone will help ring in an early New Year with hats, noisemakers, a sparkling cider toast & balloon drop. For more information, or to make your reservation call (714)424-9200.