So your dream is true. You are relocating to Orange County, home of gorgeous landscapes, ocean views, nature at its best and many, many amenities. Great schools, many parks, many things to do with the younger ones. Healthier living. Great food. Inspiring people. All of that is true in Orange County.
Now the big question is, where, oh where should you pinpoint to your desirable area to start your new life here? Here's a questionnaire you should ask yourself if new to the area, to help you and help us with your home search, that are less obvious than the usual: budget and size of the home.
- Do you mind commuting, how big of a distance would you mind commuting
- Do you have kids in school age, and have you done your research on schools?
- Are you looking to live close to the beach, golf courses, parks?
- Are you aware of mello-roos ( many homes in Orange County have them)
- Are you looking for custom homes?
- Is there any specific needs or facilities that you need to have close-by?
When you decide on an area, here's some more questions that are important in your decision:
- What types of other properties are located nearby?
- What are the neighborhood demographics?
- Where are the schools?
- Are there nuisance factors?
Every property is different and every location is different requiring different information. Check out the crime rate in the area yourself, schools if you need to. Age of the house, damage, repairs, updates and when, research the area and make sure it is one where you can be happy.
Many people choose to lease first when new to Orange County, and get a feeling on what's right and where it is exactly that you want to live. The downside to this is that with with home inventory in Orange County being so scarse and prices tending to go up ( that being on rent and for sale prices), finding the home of your dreams may become a bit longer of a process. Be ready, do your homework, so when the right home becomes available, you are more than ready and don't miss that lifetime opportunity. Welcome to Orange County, and let us help you with your relocation!
Follow the link to instantly search all available homes in Orange County listed for sale in the MLS. Or check out our guide to our favorite communities in Orange County .And please, don't hesitate to call us! We are ready to help.
Browse South Orange County Communities