The city of San Clemente's most famous event is coming up in a few days! The San Clemente Ocean Festival is celebrating 42 years. Come see the thrilling competitions of many ironman water and land events including the ever-popular dory boat races, 5K beach run, and one-mile ocean swim. Register early for all events, FREE beach concert, Sand Sculpting Contest, Great Rubber Duck Race, Woody Car Exhibits, Ocean Art Show .
- When: July 21-22 2018
- Where:San Clemente Pier
- Website: oceanfestival.org
- City Lifeguard Pancake Breakfast Saturday & Sunday, 7-11 a.m. Behind Marine Safety Headquarters (clock tower)
- 26th Annual Woody Car Exhibit Saturday & Sunday, 8:30 a.m-2:45 p.m.
- Ocean Art Show Saturday & Sunday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Family Beach Party & Free beach concert featuring MoonShine band, 6-8 p.m.
- Sand Sculpting Competition Sunday, 6:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Teams of up to 10 people each (space available) can compete in the following categories: Castles and Things, Creatures, Family or Open on Sunday.
- Great Rubber Duck Race Sunday, 4 p.m.
- Fishing Derby (all ages) & Children's Fishing Clinic Saturday, 6:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Dolphin Dash Saturday, 7:30-8:45 a.m.
- Groms Rule Surf Contest Saturday
- Body Surfing Clinic Saturday, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- SUP Surfing Championships
- Lifeguard Competition: California lifesavers and ocean athletes compete for overall points and prize money in the San Clemente Ocean Festival Lifeguard Competition.
- Surf Race
- Rescue Relay
- Surf Ski
- National Doryman's Association #1
- International Ironman
- Paddle Board Rescue Relay
- National Doryman's Association #2
- 10'6" Paddleboard Sprint
- Paddleboard Sprint
- Paddleboard Rescue Relay International Ironman & American Ironman
- Surf Ski Race - lifeguard spec.
- Dory - NDA spec.
- Dolphin Dash
- Groms Rule Surf Contest
- Biathlon (1K Swim/ 5K Run)
- Open Ocean Paddle (Approximately 5.5 mile course)
- The One Mile Ocean Swim
- 5K Beach Run
- One Mile Ocean Swim
- Run - Swim - Run (200m, 300m, 200m)
- Open Ocean Paddle
- SUP Surf Sprint Race
- Splash & Dash Relay (Runners 100m / Swimmers 300m)
- Open Ocean Paddle SUP
- 5K Beach Run: only event of its kind in Southern California. Participants get a chance to run or walk at the water's edge
- Marine Raider Boat Challenge: Teams will race against each other to paddle out past the surf, broach (flip) the boat and paddle back ashore. Invitation Only
Free Parking & Shuttle from San Clemente High School - 700 Avenida Pico, SC 92672
Saturday 6:30a.m. - 8:30p.m. Sunday 6:30a.m. - 5:30p.m. I-5 to Ave. Pico; go 1/4 mile inland to San Clemente High School on the right. Limited parking is available near the pier.
Directions to San Clemente Pier: From I-5 Southbound, exit Avenida Palizada, turn right to El Camino Real, turn left to Avenida Del Mar, turn right and follow to beach. From I-5 Northbound, exit Presidio, turn left to El Camino Real, turn right to Avenida Del Mar, turn left and follow to beach.