Registration is open for all the Turkey Trots around us. What a better start of Thanksgiving Day, than some empowering run that will leave you with some extra room for the delicious Thanksgiving delicacies.
First and foremost it's the Dana Point Turkey Trot, but if you feel like going to a smaller one, there's several other options. All these turkey trots happen on Thanksgiving Day - Thursday November 28th - times vary. Here we go:
1. Dana Point Turkey Trot : this one goes through the Harbor in Dana Point. This flat - scenic race features a 10k, 5k and Kids Gobble Wobble. Prices below - according to their site, they will increase November 25th. All participants will receive a shirt and medal. Chip timing is available for the 10K and both 5K races. Times start at 7am, and depend on the race.
- 10K : $49
- 5K :$44
- Combo 5K & 10K : $62
- Kid’s Gobble Wobble : $22
- Where: Dana Point Harbor
- More info: https://turkeytrot.com/
2. Irvine's O.C. Turkey Trot 5K : from their official website : "Ramp up your appetite and gobble up some fun at this year's OC Turkey Trot. You'll love the flat, fast, course that winds through Irvine Valley College. It's conveniently located in the heart of Irvine, off the 405 fwy or 5 fwy at Jeffery Rd exit. " A plus on this one - you get to enjoy a piece of pumpkin pie at the end!
- 1K: $30 - 7:30 a.m.
- 5K: $40 - $ 8 a.m.
- Turkey Feast Combo (1k+5K): $55
- Kids Gobble Wobble: $30 - 9:15 a.m.
- Where: Irvine Valley College, 5500 Irvine Center Drive, Irvine, CA 92618
3. Rancho Mission Viejo's Turkey Trot on the Ranch : from their official website: " The race features a 5K and 1K Little Gobbler’s run in the majestic topography of Rancho Mission Viejo. Start a new family tradition and join the fun! Proceeds from the race will benefit The Reserve at Rancho Mission Viejo connecting Orange County residents to nature through school programs, on-site education and recreation."
- 1K:$10 - 10 a.m.
- 5K:$35 - 8:30a.m.
- Where: Sendero Field • 29201 Ortega Hwy Rancho Mission viejo, CA 92694
- More info: https://www.turkeytrotontheranch.com/
4. Tustin's OC Rescue Mission's Turkey Trot: from their official website "Let’s join hundreds of other walkers and runners for the 6th annual Turkey Trot OC 5K on Thanksgiving morning, November 28, at 8am! Proceeds from the 5K provide meals for the hungry and homeless of Orange County, who have come to the Rescue Mission to overcome their homelessness. Together, we can raise $44,400 to provide 30,000 meals!"
- 5K: starts at $30 - but you can set 'your goal' higher.
- Where: Orange County Rescue Mission, Village of Hope, 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782
- More info: http://www.turkeytrotoc.org/
Do you know of any smaller Turkey Trots happening around us? Let us know in the comments area.