Looking for something fun, charitable and outdoorsy to do in May? The Sea Star Stroll at the Ocean Institute is a great idea, and this year with Celebrity Chair, Wyland. The Stroll is a 1.2 mile fundraising walk to benefit the Ocean Institute and the Maddie James Seaside Learning Center.
- When: Saturday, May 16, 2015
- Time: 8am
- Where: Dana Point
This year will be extra special as we celebrate the grand opening of our new public exhibits expansion. Following the Stroll, registered participants are invited to enjoy an Open House Festival at the Ocean Institute that will feature:
|Self-guided tours through the Ocean Institute, the tall ship brig Pilgrim, and the Maddie James Seaside Learning Center|
|Fun activities for the whole family!|
PLEASE NOTE – Dogs, strollers, ride-ons and wheelchairs are not permitted on the Sea Star Stroll course.
Registered participants will receive an event t-shirt and commemorative medal. Please note that we cannot guarantee a t-shirt or medal for on-site registrants, so don’t delay and sign up today!
$25/adult and $15/child - from March 2-31, 2015
$30/adult and $20/child - from April 1 - May 13, 2015
- Event Parking: event participants should park in the Strand Beach parking lot located at the end of Selva Road, south of Pacific Coast Highway in Dana Point.
- Check-in will take place in the Strand Beach parking lot starting at 7:00 a.m.
- Start time and awards ceremony for the Stroll is 8:00 a.m.
- Open House Festival at the Ocean Institute is from 8:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m.
- Complimentary shuttle services between the Ocean Institute and the Strand parking lot will be provided from 8:00 a.m. until 11:30 a.m.